> Timeline: November 2019 – November 2023
> Key Words: healthy and active ageing, access to services, technology, community.
SHAPES stands for “Smart and Healthy Ageing through People Engaging in supportive Systems”.
The average life expectancy in countries in the European Union has increased. However, European citizens are still facing high risks of frailty, injury and long-term chronic illness.
Because communities and family structures become more dispersed, older individuals experience isolation and loneliness which further lead to psychological and physical negative effects.
The SHAPES project intends to develop a large-scale, EU-standardised open platform for integrated care.
- Build and deliver an EU open Platform which integrates smart digital solutions to collect and analyse older individuals’ health, environmental and lifestyle information; identify their needs and provide personalised solutions;
- Enlarge SHAPES Platform to allow stakeholders to exchange knowledge and expertise in order to identify current and future solutions and provide mutual advice, training and support;
- Achieve a successful market deployment which connects demand and supply, promotes the co-creation of digital solutions and seeks to improve H&C delivery in Europe.
- Empowering older individuals in Health and Care Decision-making
Age is responsible for making sure that older individuals and their caregivers play a more active role in health and care decision-making, so as to improve the overall quality of care, efficiency and care outcomes.
- Developing integrated care policy-making guidelines
AGE will develop guidelines for supporting the pan-European management and delivery of health and care services that is designed according to individuals’ needs over time and across different levels of the health and care system to ensure optimal health and care outcomes.
- Building Strong Networks
AGE will set-up and build strong networks and liaisons that foster the community spirit and ensure diversified contributions to the project co-creation activities.
- Dissemination Strategy
AGE is in charge of the dissemination and communication strategy of the project.
This task is dedicated to the planning, development and implementation of suitable strategies to disseminate and communicate the SHAPES results to all relevant stakeholders.
For more information:
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the grant agreement No 857159.