Our vision and mission
A society for all ages!
AGE’s vision encompasses an inclusive society, based on well-being for all, solidarity between generations and full entitlement to enjoy life, participate in and contribute to society. At the same time, each person’s rights and responsibilities throughout their life course have to be fully respected.
- We raise the aspirations and needs of older people bridging the gap between them and policymakers
- We transform our members’ experiences and ideas into policy proposals, advocacy, campaigning, dissemination actions and projects
- We support our members’ active involvement in AGE’s work while promoting mutual learning and networking.
OUR CORE VALUES AND GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Respect for human dignity and human rights, freedom, democracy, equality, and the rule of law, the European Union’s fundamental values, unite our members.
- Human rights and dignity do not diminish with age and must be respected throughout each individual’s life course.
- Older people are self-advocates. Everyone should be supported to speak on their own behalf as the ultimate experts of their own lives.
- Older women and men are a resource for our societies through their contributions through work, volunteering, informal care, creativity, experience and as consumers.
- Intergenerational solidarity strengthens inclusion and justice between generations respecting and benefiting everyone’s experiences, sensibilities, and expectations.
- Age-friendly environments are essential for equitable and inclusive communities for all ages.
Become a member
Join our network and contribute to more age equality!