> Timeline: 2023 – 2024
> Keywords: age-friendly environment
Many European cities are improving their age-friendliness and work in partnership with older people to create inclusive physical and social environments.
However, there is still room for improvement, namely on these relevant cross-cutting issues:
- Ageing and human rights
- Solidarity and intergenerational cooperation
- An integrated model of health and social care
- Experiences of dementia-friendly cities
- Technological and social innovation according to the opportunities of the demographic transition
- Management of age-friendly cities.
To address those needs, the Erasmus+ funded project “AFC Toolkit – Age-Friendly City Toolkit” work on two main areas:
- A training curriculum meant to define a new professional profile for inclusive development in age-friendly cities, based on the partners’ identification of a set of knowledge, skills and competencies for the new professional profile of “Reference Professional for inclusive ageing in age-friendly cities”.
- An education toolkit for the development of age-friendly cities. According to the learning outcomes described in the training curriculum, partners develop and test a set of open educational resources through an educational app and an eLearning course.
- CEOMA, Spain (Project Coordinator)
- AFEdemy, the Netherlands
- SOSU, Denmark
- Anziani e Non Solo, Italy
- Edad Dorada – Mensajeros de la Paz, Spain
- AGE Platform Europe, Belgium
AGE contributes to every step of the project, working for a person-centred training curriculum and educational toolkit, consulting its members and experts in the conception and validation of the training modules and supporting partners in the policy work and dissemination.