AALIANCE2 –The European Next Generation Ambient Assisted Living Innovation Alliance – works for updating and improving the previous Aaliance Strategic Road Map for Ambient Assisted Living (AAL), providing the most recent development on the standardisation in AAL, increasing contacts with a wide range of organisations in AAL (including the USA and Japan), and establishing an AAL Market review.
The project, funded by the European Commission’s ICT Programme within the European Framework Programme, will continue and built upon the successful work and the wide network already established in the AALIANCE Innovation platform (2008-2010). Subject of the Coordination Action will be Ambient Assisted Living (AAL) solutions based on advanced ICT technologies for ageing and wellbeing of older persons in Europe.
AALIANCE2 seeks to:
1. Transform the existing AALIANCE Community in a long-term sustainable network:
- create the central entity for all AAL-related issues and stakeholder in Europe
- to form an European Technology Platform focusing not solely on technology but on integrated solutions for a societal challenge
- to provide a central node for global interaction
2. Find solutions for major challenges in AAL which consist of:
- coordinating the various activities of European industry and research institutions in the field of Ambient Assisted Living by building consenus upon research priorities in a AAL Roadmap and Strategic Research Agenda for the upcoming decades
- standardisation requirements in the field of ICT and Wellbeing (incl. care and healthcare standards)
- providing recommendations for a overcoming market barriers and effective regulations in AAL markets
- investigating the the current state-of-the-art and market developments in AAL in North America and Asia
3. Support the implementation of coherent strategies of the public and private sector.
AGE contributes to all activities of the project, and especially by providing inputs to the Roadmap, and sharing information on stakeholders to be included in the AALIANCE workshop, on user needs in the AAL Market and on standardisation issues.
Join the AALIANCE2 network!
You can do this by:
- AALIANCE 2 Project leaflet
- AALIANCE LinkedIn Group
- AALIANCE 2 Newsletters
- Activities of AALIANCE2:
Contact persons in AGE
- Maude Luherne, projects officer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ophelie Durand, EP Liaison Officer and projects officer email@example.com
Project number: 288705
Project acronym: AALIANCE2
Project full title: AALIANCE2 – The European Next Generation Ambient Assisted Living Innovation Alliance
Starting date: 1 October 2011
Duration: 30 months
AALIANCE2 is partially funded by the 7th Framework Programme (Coordination and support action).
Tell us what you think of the roadmap for the future of technologies for ageing in Europe!
In the framework of this project, we are launching a short survey (3 main questions, 5-10 min) aiming to improve the content of the AALIANCE2 roadmap by gathering the point of view of a wide range of persons working in organizations interested directly or indirectly in Ambient Assisted Living. By answering the survey, we aim to involve especially stakeholders who may be under-represented or not represented in the different workshops organized so far.
The survey is very simple and you will need to follow only 3 steps:
- Have a look at the summary of the AALIANCE2 roadmap (to answer Question1 and 2) and at the Key Enabling Technologies (for Question 3) : https://www.aaliance2.eu/aa2surveydocuments
- Answer the 3 questions survey on these documents: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RJ5KDDZ
- Answer the remaining short questions about you and your organization at the end of the survey
Thank you in advance for your time and feel free to disseminate widely this survey! It will stay opened until the 23rd January.