AGE Platform Europe has recently kicked off the ESCAPE project on senior tourism. Such an initiative, led by the Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry, gathers partners from Italy (PromoFirenze), Cyprus (Cyprus Tourism Organisation and TOP KINISIS TRAVEL), France (Gers Chambre de Commerce et de l’Industrie), Bulgaria (Cluster for Accessible Tourism) and Portugal (+Passeio) with the aim to facilitate transnational exchanges off-seasons for seniors.
The ESCAPE project started in September 2014 and will run until February 2016. Together with its 7 partners, AGE Platform Europe will
- help identify the needs of tourists 55+, in order to meet their needs in practice;
- draft policy recommendations for the improvement of the tourism packages;
- involve older people in the setting up of local and regional advisory committees;
- support the development of tourism packages for seniors, as well as
- disseminate the project’s activities and results among older people.
The work on the project will definitely inform and support the Task Force on Senior Tourism, with whom the Secretariat liaises.
With particular regard to the identification of interests and expectations when travelling, AGE has set up a short questionnaire address to all European citizens 55+. By contributing to it, we will make sure the needs and wishes of our seniors will be met when developing tourist packages and that low season travelling will be encouraged also among the older population.
The questionnaire is also available in other languages:
Italian (paper version only here).
Thanks for sharing it among your colleagues and friends, it is important to ensure a wide sample is collected in order to have significant results, able to impact our policy recommendations.
Do not hesitate to contact Ilenia.firstname.lastname@example.org
for any questions.
Thanks in advance for your contribution!