As society ages, brain-related disorders are expected to affect at least one in three persons during their lifetime, costing some €800 billion in Europe every year. The EU has declared May 2013 European Month of the Brain to highlight the need for more research in this field.
As part of its ‘European Month of the Brain’ initiative, the European Commission has earmarked some €150 million of funding for 20 new international brain research projects.
The ASAPS project follows the initiatives gravitating around the European Month of the Brain, and participated to both the European Commission’s Conference in Brussels, on May 14th and in Dublin, on May 27th and 28th. ASAPS leverages this European initiative, marking the Month with the pre-launch of its campaign HELLO BRAIN.
HELLO BRAIN is an exciting new health campaign shaped by the audience and shared by the audience. And that means you. Yes, you!
We are making…
- an interactive website
- short films about the brain and brain health
- a 60 minute documentary highlighting cutting edge brain research
- an app with hints and tips on keeping your brain active
But we are just getting started!
Watch a sneak preview of our films…
WE NEED YOU to help us to shape the campaign and share HELLO BRAIN in the lead up to our European launch.
Here are some ways you can get involved
- If you like what you find online – share it
- Register online for the latest news
- Spread the word about the importance of brain health
- Send inspiring stories about active and healthy ageing
- Become an ambassador and share the news about Hello Brain
- Volunteer to help with events
- Follow us on Facebook and twitter
Sign up to find out how you can shape and share the HELLO BRAIN campaign.
HELLO BRAIN is brought to you by ASAPS, a unique communications project funded by the European Union. ASAPS promotes health research and healthy ageing.