The publication, launched in the framework of the European Year 2012 of Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations, provides an overview of the EU legal and political framework that supports older people as well as an update on the EU decision making process.
Together with a previous publication published by AGE “Introduction to the European Union institutions and EU policy processes of relevance to older people” (3rd edition, 2010)”, it aims to raise awareness among older citizens on how the EU functions, how decisions are made, how citizens, including older people, can enjoy their rights and seek redress when these are not respected and how they can get involved and influence the EU policy making process.
- English version: Active Citizens for Europe: A guide to the EU
- French version: Seniors actifs pour l’Europe: Guide de l’Union européenne
- German version: Aktive Senioren als Bürger Europas: Leitfaden zur EU
- Polish version: Aktywni seniorzy dla Europy: Przewodnik po UE
- Other versions available in the framework of the ASCE Project: Bulgarian – Greek – Italian – Portuguese – Slovene – Slovak