Become a Member
Join our network and make your voice heard for age equality!
We want our network to be as inclusive and representative as possible in order to reflect the great diversity of the older population in Europe.
AGE is a network of both organisations of older people and/or organisations working for them. Our primary objective is to promote the active involvement of older people. Given the great diversity present in older age, we want our network to be as inclusive and representative as possible!
WHY to become a Member of AGE?
By joining our network, you will…
Concretely, you will be able to…
- Liaise with European officials with the help of AGE secretariat
- Receive information about EU and global policies and funding opportunities
- Appoint representatives to contribute to the policy work of AGE Task Forces
- Train your staff and experts through AGE capacity-building activities
- Participate in research and innovation projects AGE is involved in
- Share your work and activities within AGE network
Reaching a critical mass is key to make a difference!
We look forward to meeting you to discuss how we could best team up. Do not hesitate to contact us!
WHAT type of Member categories exist?
Open to not-for-profit regional, national and European organisations representing and/or working for older people in the European Union
- Representation of your organisation and full vote at the General Assembly
- Possibility to nominate your organisation to be the representative of your Member State at the Council of Administration
- Participation to all AGE activities – both policy and statutory
- Refunds for most of your participation costs
Membership fee: yearly fee of 0,32% of your total income – with minimum 465,00 euros or maximum 3690,00 euros.
Open to organisations from countries that are applicants for membership of the EU.
- Accession members have the right to participate in all meetings and working groups of AGE. The Council of Administration, in consultation with the Executive Committee and the Secretariat, will decide whether to cover expenses for Accession Members in connection with participation in the meetings and working groups of AGE.
- Accession Members are entitled to send one observer (with no voting right) to the General Assembly (one delegate per member) and Council meetings (one representative per accession country; elected by the members of the country following the procedure described in the Internal Rules for the election of national
members of the Council
Membership fee: 465,00 euros / year.
Open to organisations that are not eligible to become Full Members.
One delegate to AGE General Assembly (no voting rights)
- No representative in the Council of Administration
- Participation in all AGE activities, meetings, and working groups
- No refund for costs incurred by your participation in AGE activities
Membership fee: 465,00 euros / year.
WHO can become a Member?
To be eligible as a member of AGE, you need to:
- Be legally constituted as a not-for-profit and non-gevermental association
- Directly represent and/or work on behalf of older and/or retired people
- Be located in the countries of the European Union (full members only).
HOW to become a Member?
- Fill in the membership application form in the useful links (in English or French)
- Attach a copy of your organisation statues
- Attach a copy of the latest approved accounts of your organisation
- Share any material about your activities (annual report, newsletter, leaflet, etc.)
- Mail your application to our accreditation committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nathalie De Craecker
Administration and Office Assistant