> Timeline: (Apr 2015 – Mar 2019)
> Key Words: #integratedcare #healthandsocialcare
The project started from the observation that in all European countries, care for older people is often poorly coordinated. This prevents care from adequately meeting the needs of older adults, and it shows that quality of care and outcomes could be much improved. According to some, integrated care has a potential to concretely improve care services and save some costs.
- Improve established integrated care initiatives in 14 different sites for older people living at home with multiple health and social care needs, ensuring they are patient-centred, prevention-oriented, efficient, and safe
- Ensure that improvements brought to the integrated care initiatives are applicable and adaptable to other health systems and regions in Europe.
SUSTAIN is composed of an international team of experts working in the field of care and support for older people. The project is coordinated by the VU University Medical Centre (VUmc) and the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM).
The SUSTAIN consortium includes researchers, policy-advisors, and other stakeholders in the fields of health systems and healthcare services for older people in Europe:
- Österreichische Plattform für Interdisziplinäre Alternsfragen (OEPIA)
- AGE Platform Europe
- L’Agència de Qualitat i Avaluació Sanitàries de Catalunya (AquAS)
- Praxis Centre for Policy Studies
- Stiftung Gesundheit
- European Health Management Association (EHMA)
- Universitetet i Oslo
- International Foundation for Integrated Care
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- University of Kent
AGE has a transversal role in the project, but in particular it will aim to:
- support the participatory process and engagement of stakeholders during the project, especially of older persons' organisations in the different countries
- bring knowledge and experiences on integrated quality care
- link the project activities to ongoing policy and decision-making processes at EU level
- support the dissemination and engagement processes
- contribute to the roadmap.
- Website: http://www.sustain-eu.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/sustaineu?source=feed_text&story_id=689785477790480
- Contact person: Borja Arrue Astrain and Nhu Tram