> Timeline: December 2019 - November 2023
> Keywords: healthy and active ageing, smart living, interoperable platform, IOT, community,
Pharaon (Pilots for Healthy and Active Ageing) is a European project with the objective to make smart and active living for Europe’s ageing population a reality by creating a set of integrated and highly customizable interoperable open platforms with advanced services, devices, and tools including IoT, artificial intelligence, robotics, cloud computing, smart wearables, big data, and intelligent analytics.
Pharaon will be built upon mature existing state-of-the-art open platforms and technologies/tools provided by partners following a user-centric approach. Pharaon’s integrated platforms will be validated in two stages: pre-validation and large-scale pilots (LSPs), in six different pilot sites: Murcia and Andalusia (Spain), Portugal, The Netherlands, Slovenia and Italy.
Considering the challenge of integrating such a diversity of platforms and technologies in multiple EU countries, Pharaon will be in the position to make a significant contribution to the EU’s agenda on active and healthy ageing.
The overall objective of the Pharaon project is to provide support for Europe’s ageing population by integrating digital services, devices, and tools into open platforms that can be readily deployed while maintaining the dignity of older adults and enhancing their independence, safety, and capabilities. The project will utilise a range of digital tools including connected devices (e.g., the Internet of Things, IoT), artificial intelligence, robotics, cloud and edge computing, smart wearables, big data, and intelligent analytics that will be integrated to provide personalised and optimised health care delivery.
AGE will be leading and coordinating all communications and interactions with external bodies and stakeholders in order to achieve the highest possible impacts and benefits of the project. A particular focus will be on outreach to older persons, care givers and the general public, as well as policy stakeholders at European, national and local level.
Furthermore, AGE will be involved in setting up the user requirement framework for the project’s pilots and contribute to the exploitation and innovation management, as well as ethics, privacy and cybersecurity.
Involved AGE Staff
- COORDINATOR: Scuola Superiore di Studi Universitari e di Perfezionamento Sant'Anna
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Fondazione Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza
- UP Umana Persone
- Co-Robotics S.r.l
- Orthokey Italia SLR
- Tecnologie Informatiche e Loro Applicazioni
- Centro Tecnológico del Mueble y la Madera, Murcia
- Murcia Health Service
- Polytechnical University of Cartagena
- MY ENERGIA ONER, SL
- Provincial department of Jaén
- University of Jaén
- Ageing Social Lab Foundation
- Robotnik Automation SLL
- Indra Company
- Irmandade da Santa Casa da Misericordia da Amadora IPPS
- University of Beira Interior
- Caritas Diocesana de Coimbra
- University of Coimbra - Marine and Environmental Sciences Centre
- Glintt Healthcare Solutions
- Maastricht Instruments
- Roessingh Research and Development B.V
- Stichting Nationaal Ouderenfonds
- University of Twente
- AdSysCo B.V
- Innorenew CoE
- National Public Health Service of Slovenia
- Izola Retirement Home
- SenLab IoT Solutions
- Ericsson Nikola Tesla d.d
- Ascora GmbH
- Stelar Security Technology Law Research UG
- Deutsches Institut für Normung
- Domalys SAS
- GIP Autonom’lab
- Information Catalyst for Enterprise, Ltd
- Mind & Sparks GmbH
- SenTab Estonia
- University of Tartu