Honoured today: Winning Silver Economy solutions supporting Talents, Contributions and Participation of Older Persons in Society
JOINT PRESS RELEASE
Brussels, 3 May 2018
European Silver Economy Awards Ceremony
TODAY ¦ the first edition of the European Silver Economy Awards celebrates its winners with the patronage of Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society, and Markku Markkula, First Vice-President of the Committee of the Regions, hosting the ceremony.
In our previous event, held in October in the framework of the European Week of Regions and Cities, Markku Markkula called for a bottom-up strategy for the European Silver Economy “that can only be achieved by creating synergies among European stakeholders”. This is why today we convene key speakers and participants to discuss the current challenges and opportunities of the Silver Economy.
The Silver Economy Awards Ceremony will be the opportunity to celebrate the 9 finalists from the three different categories (type of organisation). They have been selected among 95 applications coming from 22 countries. Jury members from all over Europe were involved in a three-step evaluation process to identify these finalists, listed below:
- The Project DokkX – Aarhus Municipality (Denmark)
- The Generic Telemedicine Platform – Health Innovation Centre of Southern Denmark (Denmark)
- Living with dementia, support for informal caretakers – City of Helmond (The Netherlands)
Non-for Profit Organisations
- GoLive Solutions - Fraunhofer Institute Portugal (Portugal)
- Procurement of comprehensive treatment – Hospital de la Santa Creu I Sant Pau (Spain)
- Optimal freedom for demented persons - Tante Louise (The Netherlands)
For Profit Organisations
- The smart baseboards - nevisQ (Germany)
- RAY Accessible Smartphone solutions – Project Ray (Israel)
- Hunova: the new era of rehabilitation - Movendo technology (Italy)
Interaction is key on this very special day. The audience, on-site and at a distance, will be actively involved in the dialogue around Silver Economy and the winning solutions. This is THE DAY to draw attention to the potential of this part of Europe’s economy!
Curious? Follow us On Twitter at #SilverCeremony2018 or on our live stream (details below).
- Visit our website: www.silvereconomyawards.eu
- Follow us on social media: https://twitter.com/silvereconaward?lang=en
- Live Stream of the Awards Ceremony today: https://livestream.com/corlive1/events/8168130
- Sonja Mueller (Project Coordinator)
Empirica, Bonn¦Germany (www.empirica.com)
- Julia Wadoux for the Silver Economy Awards Secretariat
AGE Platform Europe, Brussels¦ Belgium (www.age-platform.eu)
- - - - - - -
Learn more about AGE involvement in the Silver Economy Awards, developped as part of the SEED project