Protein malnutrition: PROMISS recommendations & online conference on 25 June
AGE has been involved for the past 5 years in the EU-funded PROMISS project which focused on protein malnutrition of older people living at home. Based on the research conducted in the project, recommendations were developed to support older people to prevent protein malnutrition.
You can find these recommendations in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Polish and Romanian on the PROMISS website.
They cover key issues related to preventing protein malnutrition:
- Why is protein important?
- How much protein do we need?
- How can you find out if you need more protein?
- How can you increase the amount of protein you eat?
- Sustainable protein
- Exercise and examples of training
PROMISS Final online conference
If you want to learn more about the findings, join the PROMISS final conference that will take place in English online on 25 June 2021 from 14:00 to 17:00 CEST. The conference will provide the opportunity to learn more about why PROMISS is needed, the project findings and evidence-based recommendations developed in the project. It will foster engagement between the PROMISS researchers, older people and other target audiences and allow for interactive virtual exchanges.
In addition to presenting findings about the optimal protein intake for older people living at home, three break-out session will focus on:
- Session 1: Eating protein in an environmentally friendly way
- Session 2: Older adults perspectives’ on protein – consumer insights
- Session 3: Supporting older adults to increase their protein intake
You can find more information about the conference and free registration here
AGE Platform Europe has been involved in this project, namely in coordinating the dissemination and sharing the project's outcomes among older persons and policy-makers.