Conference on the future of Europe: Support our call for an Age Equality Strategy!
The Conference on the Future of Europe started last Spring and is now entering a new phase: citizens’ panels will start discussing and defining recommendations to be submitted to the European Parliament, the Council and the European Commission in early 2022. To nourish the debates a digital platform is open for every citizen to share ideas on Europe’s challenges and priorities.
We want to take this opportunity to promote our proposal for a European Age Equality Strategy drafted as a contribution to the Green Paper on Ageing. Such a strategy would provide a fair frame for all age groups to be fully part of Europe in the future.
Our proposal is based on the following principles:
- Age equality is for everyone. We are all entitled to the same human rights and should all be able to receive the support we need to face our respective challenges.
- Age equality is every day. Because each day shapes our ageing a little more, we should all be able to enjoy equal opportunities to participate in society, enjoy healthy living conditions, learn and work, and access care and support services when needed.
- Age equality is a practice. Our values of justice and solidarity require practice. We need to equip ourselves with the policy and legal frameworks that backup these values and give us the tools to shape a cohesive EU.
What can you do?
If you want to support our idea, do not hesitate to sign in on the website of the Conference of Europe and to endorse, click here.
For more information:
- visit the website of the Conference on the Future of Europe. An automatic translation tool allows you to access the content in all EU languages.
- contact Julia Wadoux, email@example.com