Organised by the United Nations, the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Forum is the world's largest annual gathering of the 'Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) for Development' community. The Forum gathers stakeholders from a wide range of sectors and regions to accelerate action on the Sustainable Development Goals through digital technologies.
In the context of the UN Decade of Healthy Ageing, a Special Track on ICTs and Older Persons will take place this year from 2–6 May. It will gather partners from across UN agencies, Member States, civil society organisations, academia, and the private sector for the accelerated implementation of the UN Decade of Healthy Ageing through digital technologies.
List of events:
- WSIS Forum 2022: Opening of the ICTs and Older Persons special track, 2 May
- Technology That Drives Life-long Healthy Ageing - From Mid-life Onward, 2 May
- Addressing social isolation and loneliness among older persons through digital interventions, 3 May
- Tech, Older Workers and the Future of the Workforce, 3 May
- Harnessing artificial intelligence ethically for the UN Decade of Healthy Ageing, 4 May.
Our Former President, Elizabeth Mestheneos from the Greek organisation 50+Hellas will represent AGE at this event.
- Tech Solutions for Age-Related Diseases, 4 May
- The Healthy Ageing Ecosystem: How Digital Solutions Are Expanding Access to Care, Improving Care Delivery and Empowering Individuals, 5 May
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration in a digital world for the UN Decade of Healthy Ageing, 6 May
- High-level Dialogue: Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) and digital technologies for healthy ageing - moving together from 'why' to 'what' and 'how', 6 May