AGE members and all those interested are invited to join four online interactive workshops and learn some useful tools for facing misinformation in internet and social media through intergenerational cooperation. These workshops are organized by AGE Platform Europe as part of the European project DIGITOL.
DIGITOL is aimed at combatting the effects and the spread of fake news by developing older persons' digital literacy and promoting EU common values among older citizens. DIGITOL used innovative intergenerational educational practices (digital academy and training program) and engaged older adults in non-formal education and co-created training opportunities.
Dates of the workshops:
- 29 September, 10:00 -12:00. English-speaking members will have the chance to touch by hand the materials provided by the project and exchange on misinformation.
- 8 November, 10:00 -12:00, in French
- 11 October, 10:00 -12:00, in Spanish
- 29 November, 10:00 -12:00, in English with simultaneous interpretation in Spanish and French.
Follow this link to join the meetings.
Each workshop will last 2 hours with the following schedule:
- Round table and introduction by AGE Platform Europe;
- DIGITOL and its methodology: project presentation and results;
- Warm up quiz: an interactive session to learn how to face some common risk of the web: recognize fake news, avoid pishing, how to protect you privacy online and protect your data;
- Intergenerational learning: the definition of intergenerational learning as an innovative methodology and how the project and policy is moving to spread this methodology at EU level;
- DIGITOL and its learning platform: a dive into Digitol digital-academy available to everyone to learn tools and knowledge to face disinformation.
If you are interested in the first interactive workshop on 29th September, please fill in this form.
For more information:
- Website: https://digitol.eu/
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Project leaflet
- Contact person: firstname.lastname@example.org