AGE Platform Europe and the European Youth Forum are organising a lunch debate at the European Parliament in Brussels on 21 June 2018, with the participation of MEP Heinz K. Becker, MEP Brando Benifei, MEP Lambert Van Nistelrooij, Vice-Chairs of the Intergroup subgroup on Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations.
Discussions will cover the long-term challenges for intergenerational equity in a context of population ageing and will examine how to address intergenerational fairness in policy-making.
Opening remarks by MEP Heinz K. Becker, MEP Brando Benifei, MEP Lambert Van Nistelrooij, Vice-Chairs of the Intergroup subgroup on Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations
Intergenerational fairness and citizens’ trust, Dr Susanna Di Feliciantonio, ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants for England and Wales) Europe
Panel discussion: how to address intergenerational fairness in policy-making?
- Anna Widegren, Secretary General, European Youth Forum
- Anne-Sophie Parent, Secretary-General, AGE Platform Europe
09:15-09:30: Closing words
- Other MEPs present
- Anne-Sophie Parent
Meeting point: Info point of the EU Paliament, Esplanade Solidarnosc, 1050 Bruxelles
Recent background documents:
- AGE Platform Europe and European Youth Forum: Joint Press release on EU Day of Solidarity between Generations: More intergenerational dialogue and participation are still needed, 24/04/2018
- European Commission, Pension Adequacy Report 2018: Current and future income adequacy in old age in the EU Volume I and Volume II (country-by-country reports)
- European Commission, Ageing Report 2018
- European Commission, Economic and Social Developments in Europe Review 2017; chapter 2: Intergenerational fairness today and challenges ahead
- European Commission, The 2018 Ageing Report. Underlying assumptions & Projection methodologies
- ICAEW, Intergenerational fairness. A survey of citizens in 10 European Countries
Click here to register (until 14 June)
More more information on this event, please contact Philippe Seidel, AGE Policy and EP Liaison Officer: email@example.com