> Timeline: October 2016 - September 2018
> Key words: #Silvereconaward #silvereconomy #social #ICT #innovation
With the new challenges linked to the demographic change, older people have sharper needs and expectations to be met. Usually, they aren’t and there is a clear gap in the supply and the demand. Therefore, the European Union is currently encouraging national and regional governments to boost the potential of the Silver Economy in various fields, such as health care, housing, transport, new technologies (ICT) and tourism for example. By doing so, it creates a major drive for innovation, employment and growth at the local and national level.
The Silver Economy Awards will enable citizens to be aware of innovative silver economy solutions that have a clear impact on the older population. The awards will launch its first edition in the spring 2018. It will support the growth of the European Silver Economy and help local and regional authorities deliver better services for their ageing population and improve the quality of their lives.
During the project, AGE will be responsible of setting up and ensuring the functioning of the Awards Secretariat. Our efforts will lead to the launch of the 1st awards call, launch of the 3-staged selection process and finally the organization of the final EU high level Awards ceremony in spring 2018. AGE Platform will also be responsible of composing an external Advisory Board that will provide strategic advice to the consortium and contribute to the dissemination about the Awards.
- Empirica (coordinator) http://www.empirica.com
- AGE Platform Europe http://www.age-platform.eu
- Assembly of European Regions http://aer.eu
- PAU Education http://www.paueducation.com/en
- ECHAlliance http://www.echalliance.com
- The Government of Biscay (ES) http://bizkaia.eus
- Noord Brabant Province (NL) http://english.brabant.nl
- the City of Tampere (FI) http://http_www.tampere.fi
- the City of Ljubljana (SL) http://www.ljubljana.si/en
- Website: http://www.agefriendlyeurope.org/the-silver-economy-awards/
- Twitter account: @silvereconaward
- Contact person: Julia Wadoux ; Anne-Sophie Parent and Nhu Tram