Making ICT standards fit for Active and Healthy Ageing in Europe: event on October 19, 2017
The PROGRESSIVE project is organising a brainstorming workshop to debate how standards, mainly those related to ICT as an enabler of Active and Healthy Ageing (AHA), can better meet the needs of Europe's ageing population.
- Date: Thursday 19th October 2017
- Place: CEN-CENELEC Management Centre in Brussels, Belgium
The venue will be accessible to people with reduced mobility
- Registration: places being limited, online registration is compulsory
- Language: English only
Promote debate among stakeholders
The main objective of the workshop will be to promote a fruitful debate among relevant stakeholders who are searching for optimum approaches and to consider how this could evolve into a sustainable dialogue. It will be an opportunity for you to find out more about how standards affect the products and services that you use or provide and to share your views on:
- How the needs of an ageing population can be better addressed
- How standards support ICT-based products & services related to AHA
- How older people's participation can be assured in the development of the different standards.
Who is invited to join this workshop?
Older people's representatives
- Policy makers and agencies in charge of AHA-related policies
- National, European and international standardisation organisations and their technical bodies relevant to AHA
- Providers of ICT-based products and services related to AHA (in various fields: assistive technologies, care, housing, transport, …)
- Research & innovation projects relevant to ICT for AHA standardisation.
To prepare the workshop, let us know what you think and answer the short consultations below (no more than 3 to 5 minutes each!):
- Ethical tenets of ICT standards for Active and Healthy Ageing
- Mapping ICT standards for Active and Healthy Ageing
- Collaborative development of ICT standards for Active and Healthy Ageing
Any question? Please contact Fernando Machicado: email@example.com