Join AGE's campaign for more solidarity between generations in Europe!
AGE is involved in an awareness-raising campaign to attract the attention of politicians at European, national, regional and local levels on how to rethink the concept of solidarity and coorperation between the generations.
This campaign was launched in 2008 and has since then been supported by a large coalition of European Organisations involved in the promotion of the European Year 2012 for Active Ageing and Soliarity between Generations and active in a wide range of sectors.
Objective of this campaign
Make the European Union more age-friendly and better adapted to our ageing population, as well as have intergenerational solidarity high on the EU agenda.
AGE cooperated with the Confederation of Family Organisations (COFACE), Eurochild, the European Women's Lobby (EWL) and the European Youth Forum (EYF) to issue a joint press statement
recalling the importance of bringing generations together to combat age stereotypes and discrimination and promote the inclusion and participation of all age group in all areas of society. AGE aimed to raise awareness of the positive impact of intergenerational links in the context of population ageing and of the key role each generation plays - and should be empowered to play - to ensure a sustainable future for people of all ages. Read more in this Special Briefing (April 2015)
- AGE joined forces with some MEP candidates from major European political parties to commit to promoting greater solidarity and cooperation between generations during the next European Parliament's mandate and issue a joint press release.
- AGE members organised events all over the EU
- The Coalition encouraged their members and the other European organisations to organise awareness-raising events on the need of greater intergenerational solidarity in an ageing society. Those initiatives are collected every year so as to give them more visibility and inspire further actions/projects.
- This year again, the Coalition sent a joint press release to mark the EU Day and highlight its key message
- In 2013, AGE and Eurochild organised a roundtable at the European Parliament on the topic of Grandparents as carers on 24th April.
- The coalition also supported and promoted the European project Generations@school
- The Coalition closely cooperated with the European Commission in order to prepare the European Year for Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations (2012). For more information, please click here.
- The Coalition published a joint brochure entitled "2012: Everyone has a role to play!" (version FR) to invite all stakeholders at local, national and European level to use the European Year 2012 to promote solidarity between generations.
- The Coalition published an EY2012 Coalition Manifesto
- The Coalition prepared a roadmap presenting their concrete commitments in the framework of the EU Year 2012
Please click here
to see the list of initiatives added since the publishing of the roadmap
In 2009 and 2010, AGE published two major publications explaining the challenge of solidarity between generations and its role in achieving social cohesionand ademographic ageing:
What can you do to support the campaign?
- Use the logo of the EU Day on your website or on any relevant publication;
- Help us disseminate AGE joint publications as widely as possible.
This page has kindly been translated into Croatian by Forum 50+: Center for Quality of life To view, please click here.